Smith Tank & Steel, Inc. has one of the best safety records in the industry. The owners and managers believe that without a strong safety program we would not be able to compete in the industry as a world-class competitor. Our training is intense and informative. Our managers, supervisors, foreman, and pushers go through extensive training in CPR, first aid, crane, rigging, HAZCOM, heat stress, and confine space permitting are just a few of the classes and training they go through on a yearly basis; plus any specific training required by the client.
We stress zero incidents and have proven this for several years and continue to maintain this goal. We believe if safety is a leader then quality and productivity will follow.
We are members of Baton Rouge Safety Council, ISNetworld, PEC, PICS auditing, and NCMS.
NCCO training for riggers and operators with certifications. All drug and alcohol testing is performed through DISA.
- Zero incident/Zero injuries (All incidents and injuries are preventable)
- 100% tie off for all personnel
- Weekly safety meetings and daily tailgate meetings are conducted on every jobsite
- All our supervisors and foremen are First Aid and CPR certified
- Weekly Audits are performed and reviewed for Compliance by Management
- We follow DISA's drug and alcohol testing plans (DOT and Non-DOT)
- Supervisor Training
- Employee Awareness and Behavior Based Evaluations
- We train our crane operators and riggers to the NCCCO guidelines
- We OQ train and qualify employees for DOT specific tasks
- All employees have TWIC cards
Smith Tank & Steel, Inc. developed and utilizes a proprietary system of perpetual improvement that automatically updates in-house erection and welding procedures. This allows us to produce the highest quality welds, provide competitive quotes and ensure a safer working environment for our employees.
All personnel are schooled in the Smith System and receive training on an ongoing basis. Every weld made by Smith Tank is identical, regardless of the location.
Tanks are built, maintained and repaired to tolerances exceeding codes API 650, 653, and 620.
The results speak for themselves. Every project is a reference to our quality of work. Repeat customers are proof of our commitment to excellence and on-going success.
Smith Tank employees are proud of their work and strive for perfection.